Wednesday, March 29, 2006

LA Kings Swirling Down the Porcelain Drain

I have to wonder now how much further damage and bad luck I can hoist upon the Kings as they head down this last 10 game stretch to finish their season. Tonight, they play at Calgary and I strongly feel that if they do not win this match and the next match against Edmondton that they will be out of the playoff hunt. Every year I buy a single ticket in Vegas with the Kings something like 400 to 1 underdogs to win Lord Stanley's Cup. Every year the Kings live up to that 400 to 1 risk and Vegas takes my money.

I still drink coffee from a mug I got in 1993 when they won the Campbell Conference only to lose the cup to Montreal in 5 games. Before I get too old and am forced to stop drinking coffee, I'd like to be able to drink from a cup that says Lord Stanley Cup Champions. Such a small request.

Update: Kings lost 2 to 1. Roenick tried unsuccessfully to rally the broken spirited team. I've two weeks of this torture left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home