Friday, January 07, 2005

Top Stories of 01/07/05 & Comments

1. Senator Boxer (D-CA), thank goodness we left California. With Senators like this, we'd be taxed to death, have no small businesses because they couldn't afford to pay worker compensation, have greenfields from one side of the state to the other, ride bicycles instead of commute in vehicles, be forced to send our kids to public school, and die with nothing to pass to our children because the state would control our estate.

2. Hillary Clinton (D-NY), thank goodness I don't live in New York and have no plans to live there. I'd probably write letters I'd regret and she'd probably ignore them. Talk about grandstanding and living off the dole of the taxpayers for one's personal gain. What has she really done for the State of New York anyway? What legislation has she sponsored or co-sponsored and seen passed that actually helped make my life easier? NONE.

3. Tsunami Disaster - My prayers are with the peoples affected by this horrific tragedy of Biblical proportions. Words cannot begin to convey my anguish for the families affected by this event. I thank this great country for its immediate and unconditional response to minimize loss of life and provide comfort, shelter, medical care and food supplies to those affected. Also, thank you to the Australian government for their assistance and immediate efforts. However, I am troubled by the similarity of the UN response to that protrayed in "Left Behind" by the GCC. The news events have strange similarities and parallels to those in that book series. Am I imagining things?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home