Monday, January 10, 2005

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary

Finally - Mary Mapes was fired today. After 4 months of investigation, CBS finally terminated her and asked several of the "60 Minutes Wednesday" producer staff to resign. If I'd have done something as blatantly partisan as she committed, my employer would have axed me in 15 minutes. I'll bet CBS had to use every minute of that 4 months looking under every rock in their attempt to protect her and finally realized they could not. All by itself, Mapes telephone call to the DNC that allegedly created the "appearance" of bias should have been enough to terminate this operative. Mapes has been sharpening her axe for this hatchet style reporting since the outset of her career in Washington State. Good ridance.

I hope she doesn't show up on Fox News like all the other liberal hacks. I am getting sick of seeing Fox hire hacks because they are accused of having some right leaning bias. Juan Williams is the latest example. He migrated to Fox and now I have to turn the channel because he pisses me off so bad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Utah Chris said...

I'm still learning how to use this blog, but I wanted to put a picture of Mapes with a skull and crossbones on it... but couldn't figure it out.

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home